Are you ready to answer the call? Be the Red Cross in your community! - Billings
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Idaho
Please visit the new page to apply.
Every day people are forced from their home due to disasters. Compassionate and committed Disaster Action Team volunteers respond to meet the immediate needs of their neighbors. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you’ll provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery. After your initial training, your shifts will include responding to emergencies within two hours, night or day, rain or shine, either on the scene or coordinating remotely to provide immediate compassion and assistance. With experience and further training, you can take on leadership and response coordination roles to have a wider impact. At the same time, you’ll be developing skills that you may choose to apply to larger-scale disaster response efforts with the Red Cross.
Join the Disaster Action Team! Go to www.redcross.org/dat to learn more and to complete an application. Have questions? Email our team at IDMT.Recruiting@redcross.org for more information -or- click on the I want to Help button.
About American Red Cross Idaho
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so:
- All people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
- Our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
- Everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
- All members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
- In an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
VariousBillings, MT 59103
March 7, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Less than 5 hours per week pending unforeseen disasters. Monthly team meetings.