33 people are interested
STEM Content Writer
Please visit the new page to apply.
33 people are interested
Would you like to help K-12 students develop realistic dreams for fabulous future careers? If you have a sense of humor, a sense of wonder, and little time to give each month, then Edheads is the place for you! Edheads is a 501c3 non-profit organization that ties K-12 classroom curricula to real world challenges and careers by providing free games to teachers, students and parents. We are also developing new content that is not game-based. We need people to help write and edit the new content. There are several types of content to choose from. This position starts with a phone interview, then assuming you want to move on, you would be asked to: 1) join a Slack group to exchange and develop ideas, 2) attend and participate in a group video call once a month to get to know the group and to spark new ideas, and 3) join a group folder to help maintain the files that will lead to the web content. One on one phone calls are still available, if needed, to help you develop the content to support STEM K12 learning and connections to STEM careers.
P.O. Box 396, HILLIARD, OH 43026, US
By capturing student imaginations and igniting career aspirations, Edheads empowers students to pursue fulfilling, productive careers in science, technology, engineering and math. We tie school to work by reinforcing basic skills and demonstrating how they are applied in STEM careers. On Edheads' site, students can be surgeons, manufacturing technicians, find simple machines, predict the weather, create a stem cell line and more!
Our Vision: Through corporate philanthropy, sponsorships, partnerships and donations, Edheads provides exciting games and experiences to millions of students that inspire today’s K-12 students to become the STEM leaders of tomorrow. We believe every student should have the opportunity to develop their potential and fulfill their dreams and career aspirations.
- Relevance: Connecting science and math education standards to learning outcomes related to real-world careers.
- Access: Giving educators a way to influence their students' future career paths with online learning that is widely accessible.
- Quality games: Helping teachers, parents, and students meet state and national learning goals through highly interactive and engaging content.
- Evidence: Evaluating the difference made in student STEM knowledge and attitudes toward STEM careers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 30, 2022
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Math / Science Instruction
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for people with 3-5 hours to give per month.
- Must be fluent in English and able to take technical content and simplify it for younger students to understand.