2 people are interested
Disaster Spiritual Care Volunteer- Lancaster County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Disaster Spiritual Care (DSC) Team Member provides disaster spiritual care support to individuals and families who have been impacted by a disaster.
- Assist disaster clients to utilize their own spiritual resources, values and faith in the midst of crisis, regardless of one's faith tradition.
- Participate in local responses, such as providing support to a family who has experienced a house fire.
- Be involved in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
- Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local faith-based organizations.
- Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing spiritual and emotional support, and connection to local resources.
- Be available for staff who request spiritual care support.
- Meets one of the following criteria:
- A disaster spiritual care provider in good standing in a National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) member organization
- A Board-certified chaplain
- A professional chaplain (paid or volunteer) and is endorsed by that organization
- An endorsed leader of a local faith community or organization
- Successfully complete the DSC Screening evaluation conducted by a DSC Regional Program Lead or DSC Division Advisor for new DSC Volunteers.
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Lancaster, PA 17603
August 12, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Faith-based Leadership
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible based on local responses
- volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask