Mental Health professionals needed to facilitate post-deployment workshops for veterans
Reconnection Workshops: Adult & Child/Youth Facilitator
Reconnection Workshops are skill-building opportunities for service members, veterans, and their families to identify and cope effectively with challenges that may arise after a deployment.
Each workshop focuses on a topic area that service members and their families have found relevant to their experience as they transition back home. Current topic areas include:
- Managing anger
- Supporting children
- Building communication
- Reconnecting with others
- Recognizing stress and trauma
We are looking for licensed mental health professionals to serve as facilitators to help run our various Reconnection Workshops throughout Wisconsin. If interested, you will first be trained on our Adult Workshop program, then a Workshop adapted for children, and finally our Mind & Body workshop which focuses on managing stress.
* Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
* Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans and their families
* Work under the supervision of Regional SAF Lead
* Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
* Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
* Record volunteer hours per Red Cross policy
* Hold a current and unencumbered license
* Available to mentor and co-teach training with new facilitators
* Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
* Masters level or above mental health degree
Facilitate at least 2 workshops per year
***Must submit a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer***
Volunteers who perform in person volunteer positions with the American Red Cross must be vaccinated and will need to record their vaccine status with supporting documentation prior to working in the field.
Questions? Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 347-8791
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Madison, WI 53705
November 4, 2021
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2 workshops per year
- Must submit a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer