6 people are interested
Mesun Hospice volunteer translator (Mandarin, Vietnamese, Spanish)
6 people are interested
Do you speak multiple languages? Do you have a passion for helping people through language translation? Then volunteering as a translator is the job for you!
Mesun Hospice provides hospice care to a highly diverse population mainly in Gwinnett, Dekalb, and Fulton counties. We are currently seeking Mandarin, Vietnamese, and Spanish speaking translators to volunteer their time to help our patients.
Translators would translate over the phone, visit patients in their home (with a Mesun staff member) or come to our Mesun facility in order to provide translation between the patient and the hospice staff.
Please contact Ashley Gibbs (email@example.com) if you are interested.
About Mesun Hospice
88 Johnson Rd, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, US
Mesun's mission statement • to provide dignified, quality comfort care that enhances the lives of our patients and their families. • to assure the long-term clinical, spiritual, psychosocial health and general well-being of patients as well as survivors after loss. • to lead and influence the general health and human service system in the community including the care of all people affected by end-of-life issues. • to promote awareness of issues related to end-of-life care and bereavement.
* MeSun Hospice was established to provide dignified and comfortable health care for patients, whose illness is no longer responding to curative therapies, and support for their families.
* With the goal to improve the quality of the patient’s life, our dedicated staff and volunteers strive to serve the patients and their families by offering comfort and dignity in their own language and culture.
* Currently, all the services are delivered in English and other languages (Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese. etc) by our highly trained professional interdisciplinary team to a patient’s home, be it a house, apartment, nursing home, assisted living setting, or residential hospice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 2, 2021
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- We are flexible and can work with your schedule. Typical hours that translation would be needed would be M-F 9am-5pm, hours at night or on the weekends may be needed.
- Please only apply if you are fluent in the second language. Familiarity with medical terms is a plus.