Disasters are on the rise. Healthcare Volunteers needed.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Every day, the American Red Cross sees the heartbreak of people trying to cope with more intense storms, heavier rainfall, higher temperatures, stronger hurricanes, and more devastating wildfires. As more people rely on the Red Cross for help, the need for compassionate volunteers has never been greater. Spring into action and join us by becoming a volunteer today.Disaster Health Services Volunteer
Support those affected by disasters through providing professional health services to disaster clients and disaster responders at disaster shelters, service delivery sites, relief operations headquarters, and over the phone. Services range from on-site assessments to assistance with medication replacements and follow up for disaster client recovery.
- Provision of disaster health services to individual clients, including client assessment, provision of hands-on care per scope of license for RN and LPN/LVN or provide care as delegated by RN and LPN/LVN, assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), coordination of personal assistance services, education, assistance to replace medications, durable medical equipment (DME) or consumable medical supplies (CMS).
- Collaborate with other functions in providing services at service delivery sites, including outreach activities, emergency aid station activities, integrated care condolence activities.
- Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing disaster health services support, support during the casework and recovery planning process, and referrals to higher level of care.
- Provide staff health support as necessary.
- Assist the local region or territory in developing partnerships with local healthcare organizations.
- Active unencumbered license or certification: RN, LPN/LVN, MD, D.O., EMT, PA, Paramedic. Retired RN, LPN/LVN license will be accepted, if and only if, the state issuing the license allows full scope of practice for volunteer work.
- Ability to implement Standards and Procedures and follow associated job tools including reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with community members in a clear, compassionate manner.
- Ability to acquire, evaluate, and report information accurately.
- Ability to provide support while respecting the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Ability to lift/carry 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Ability to stand and/sit for 2 hr periods.
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain and/or walk for two miles per shift.
- Ability to bend or stoop multiple times per shift.
- Ability to work outdoors writing, speak clearly on phone, read small print for extended periods and work long periods on computer.
- Ability to climb two or more flights of stairs.
- Ability to drive in daytime and at night.
Contact Alaina at email@example.com or 920-509-0510
62 More opportunities with American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region1 Review
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Viroqua, WI 54665
May 1, 2023
- Physician Assistant
- Patient Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on # of disasters.
- Must submit a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer