Administrative Assistant - Tours Office
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and visitors to the campus by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail and email, making reservations or travel arrangements and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
Hours are flexible.
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts
- Screen phone calls and route callers to the appropriate party
- Use computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research
- Greet and assist visitors
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Good interpersonal skills in working with and managing others effectively
- Good oral and written communication skills along with organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
September 18, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check