Administrative Assistant - Central Purchasing
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
While reporting to in the Central Purchasing Director, the Administrative Assistant will perform routine to complex duties, assignments, projects and communication for the department and its team members. Successful candidate will actively demonstrate initiative and innovation in implementing administrative practices that prove effectiveness, quality and excellence on a daily basis.
The role will gain and apply depth of knowledge of current and new department’s systems, applications, record keeping, filing practices and activities, including key projects and meetings.
Technical adaptiveness is a mission critical performance competency. This competency must demonstrate a readiness to rapidly apply and quickly learn a robust set of technical tools, applications, and methodologies; adapt to changes in office technology; transition from paper-based to automated systems with fluency and without resistance.
- Manage complex calendar management and scheduling of meetings and individual meetings with Central Purchasing (CP) department leadership, department team members, internal partners and stakeholders
- Act as primary point of contact for inbound and outbound communication; direct communication and messages to the best resource in the department
- Prepare ongoing reports that update key activities and performance of the department, as requested by immediate supervisor
- Assess all systems and applications related to the administrative function of the CP department, gain operational knowledge of these systems and actively seek new approaches to improve the overall productivity of these systems
- Prepare materials for meetings which may entail taking notes and minutes and tracking follow-up action items
- Coordinate and organize steps and events around key activities to ensure consistently excellent standard of work for the Administrative Assistant desk
- Maintain accuracy of information within spreadsheets and document
- Track communication and follow up with activities for the department director
- Act in a supportive role to perform tasks when a CP team member requires administrative or operational assistance
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Minimum three years of experience, preferably in a senior administrator role, performing the duties outlined above
- Experience working across organizations that displays a track record of productivity and follow through
- Passionate about documentation and process
- Able to multi-task and track activity across complex projects (formal project management experience is a big plus)
- Very comfortable with Google Suite, Excel, Outlook, Dropbox
- Good writing and communication skills that may entail technical reporting and writing
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
September 18, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check