Disaster Recovery Volunteers - York County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
2. Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
3. Use the Client Assistance System 2.0 to document the assistance and services provided in the client record according to standards
4. Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
5. Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
6. Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery
Has the option to work remotely after completing required training
* Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
* Be kind, caring, resourceful, knowledgeable.
* Demonstrate interest in learning about community resource organizations.
* Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting. Has the ability to use CAS 2.0.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
Treats people equitably; works effectively with diverse populations.
Is able to:
Sit for 2 hour periods.
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations York, PA 17401
October 3, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask