44 people are interested
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Remote)
ORGANIZATION: African Development Choices
Please visit the new page to apply.
44 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
You will be responsible for coordinating recruitment logistics across ADC to streamline end-to-end recruitment process. You will develop a good understanding of our recruitment needs and utilize tools and systems to provide excellent experience with all stakeholders.
Division: Shared services
Department: People & Culture
Position reports to: Director of People and Culture
Position is responsible for: N/A
Main Duties and Objectives:
- Act as an ambassador for ADC, being the first point of contact for all recruitment queries and responding to these in a prompt and accurate manner
- Manage job adverts by posting on relevant job boards, screen candidates resume and assess job applicants, shortlist and support interview scheduling.
- Support and communicate with hiring managers on the recruitment process as needed
- Assisting in the onboarding of volunteers liaising with hiring managers
- Implement recruitment marketing and employer branding strategy to attract high quality candidates
- Administer recruitment processes and systems including ATS
- Identify key recruiting KPIs and prepare weekly reports on recruitment tasks
- Determine the effectiveness and success of current plans and strategies
- Research businesses that encourage their employees to volunteer and pitch our volunteer opportunities to them
- Adhere to personal data privacy and regulations
- Assist in the monitoring of new and existing volunteers
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Talent Acquisition Coordinator or similar positions
- Experience with cloud based ATS, CMS and Microsoft 365
- Ideally CIPD Level 3 qualified (or equivalent) or working towards this
- Basic understanding of marketing strategies and analytical tools
- Great interpersonal, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and well organized as recruitment is a fast-paced area
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 27, 2023
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
- Resource Development / Management
- 7-10 hours per week