32 people are interested
Education Marketing Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
32 people are interested
RRRcomputer.org is a non-profit focused on closing the digital divide by refurbishing used laptops, giving them to students in need, and offering technical development classes. With COVID-19 expanding the digital divide, our work is more important than ever to help support students without technical resources and remote education needs.
RRRcomputer.org is currently looking for a Marketing Volunteer to help our Education Team increase the visibility of digital literacy classes, coding classes, and professional development classes. These are free classes that we provide to student laptop recipients and also open to the general public, and we’d love more people to sign up for them!
Core responsibilities include:
- Creating social media content (we use Canva) and posting on social media channels (we use Hootsuite for posting in advance)
- Sending emails to previous laptop recipients, class attendees, and school principals about our upcoming classes
- Using our Google Ads and Facebook credit to effectively advertise
- Ensuring our Eventbrite class postings look professional
- Working closely with our Technical Education Lead on coordinating marketing pushes
To see some of our previous classes, check out the "Past Events" tab in https://tinyurl.com/rrrtechdev , or our social media channels for how we marketed them. All events are virtual for the time being.
1410 Franklin St. #300, San Francisco, CA 94109, US
Promote digital inclusion by repurposing computing devices for the next generation.
We aim to change the corporate culture of waste and indifference to one the cares about our future. We take broken, used computers from companies and refurbish them to donate to students throughout the bay area, free of charge. We also provide free coding and technology literacy courses to children.
Please visit RRRcomputer.org for detailed info on our goals. Please feel free to contact us at 1-844-900-RRRC or donate@RRRcomputer.org. Please spread the word with your social media. With your help, we all can help bridge the digital divide one kid at a time.
We are looking for volunteer leaders from the IT, Education, and Environmental professions to help make our organization a success. We are also looking for students from high schools, colleges and universities who want to make a difference in a kid's life by offering expertise in computer technology, education, and saving the environment. It takes a village to raise a kid; it also takes a community to help a kid in need catch up with the digital age.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 6, 2024
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is about 3-4 hours/week when we have classes.