24 people are interested
Pet Therapy Teams Needed PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital
ORGANIZATION: PIH Health Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
24 people are interested
The Pet Therapy Volunteer will serve as a team (owner and dog) visiting medical floors and clerical areas. The purpose of this service is to provide comfort and promote healing and recovery.
PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital is following the CDC Guidelines for COVID-19 (Masks are required)
Ability to work effectively as a team, as well as with staff and volunteers
* Tact, courtesy, confidentiality
* Good communication skills, verbal and written
* Good physical and emotional health
* Ability to adapt to interruptions; low stress level
* Completion of a certified pet therapy training program approved by PIH Health. The Pet must perform at "predictable" level, as defined by qualified training program
* Therapy dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations and must be clean prior to volunteering
About PIH Health Hospital
12401 Washington Blvd, Whittier, CA 90602, US
PIH Health, a not-for-profit regional hospital and health center, delivers healthcare services to southeastern Los Angeles County and portions of the San Gabriel Valley and Orange County. PIH Health provides high quality health care without discrimination, demonstrating compassion, respect, and dignity in caring for all patients. Recognizing its charitable mission, the hospital's efforts are directed toward contributing to the health and well-being of its communities in an ethical and a fiscally prudent manner. PIH Health is committed to building a mutually supportive healthcare team-consisting of board members, medical staff, employees and volunteers. This team is dedicated to maintaining a modern facility staffed by highly skilled personnel and to offering specialized centers of excellence, research opportunities, education, and community healthcare programs.
Volunteer Services is currently seeking adult and student volunteers. We currently have 3 categories of volunteers: High School, at least 16 years old and a Sophomore, College and Adults, adults, primarily not in school. When applying, please indicate which category you are.
1225 Wilshire BoulevardLos AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90017
February 15, 2024
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Pet must be certified, have all vaccines up to date and have advanced-level obedience training.