Caring Hospice Volunteers
Stoneridge Hospice is seeking compassionate volunteers to join a caring and loving hospice team that provides care for our terminally ill neighbors in our community.
COVID-19 has affected our community, and especially our seniors. Many seniors have not left their home or received visitors over the past year and are left feeling isolated, alone and forgotten. Hospice Volunteers help to combat the pandemic of loneliness and isolation, through visits, phone calls, companionship and emotional support.
Hospice volunteers serve alongside of Doctors, Nurses, Chaplains and Social Workers by offering a host of support services such as:
- Music and Art Therapy,
- Touch or Massage Therapy,
- Pet Therapy,
- Special Recognition and Support of the Veterans in Our Community,
- Dressing up in Fun Costumes and delivering goodies for Holidays,
- Singing and Caroling,
- Clown or Puppet Ministry,
- Emotional Support.
- Spiritual Support
- Caregiver Support and Respite from Daily Tasks.
- Providing a home-cooked meal,
- Occasional Light Housekeeping assistance to our patients and their families.
- Make Compassionate Phone Calls,
- and Send Greeting Cards
Other volunteers serve behind the scenes in the hospice home base, by assisting the hospice staff with much-needed administration in order to better enable them to serve their patients more effectively.
For more information on how to become a hospice volunteer through Stoneridge hospice, contact Tim, Volunteer Coordinator
About Stoneridge Hospice
20860 N Tatum Blvd, Suite 145, Phoenix, AZ 85050, US
Stoneridge hospice exists to exceed the expectations of our patients and families in quality and coordination of care and to encourage patients choice resulting in improved quality of life. Our Hospice Team is committed to providing comfort and dignity through physical, emotional and spiritual support. As Health professionals, we are dedicated to educating the community about the benefits and effective use of hospice.
Stoneridge hospice has been in existence since the spring of 2020. Stoneridge is a small business and a family business that has thrived and grown and has a true family feel. The hospice team seek to go above and beyond in providing a compassionate, human touch for their patients, families as well as our staff and their own families. Despite their proximity to death and dying, Stoneridge hospice team members often smile and laugh and offer encouragement and support in abundance.
Multiple locations Phoenix, AZ 85050
July 19, 2021
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer as much or as little as you would like. Work around your schedule. Initial time requirement of 8 hours for orientation.
- Stoneridge Hospice will provide the initial orientation as well as fingerprinting and background check at no cost to you.