6 people are interested
Volunteer to CHAT with a senior!
ORGANIZATION: Oxnard RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Do you like talking on the phone? Want to help seniors who are isolated and lonely? Looking for a volunteer opportunity that you can do remotely, on your own time?
Volunteer to CHAT with a senior and help your community!
CHAT (Call Him/Her And Talk) is all about connecting seniors to check in on one another. And it’s a great way to volunteer on your own time, from the comfort of your own home.
CHAT volunteers must be willing to call senior clients two times a week, Monday through Saturday between 10am and 4pm. Calls should be no longer than 15-30 mins, and volunteers can call one or as many as three seniors at scheduled times. Clients will be matched by interest, hobbies, and various criteria with volunteers to help make conversations natural.
Volunteers must be 55 years of age or older!
CHAT volunteer qualities:
- Excellent listening skills
- Enjoy and value conversations with others
- Able to speak clearly, patiently, and at times, slowly
- Physically able to use the telephone and manage lengthy calls, as needed
Responsibilities and practices:
- Treat senior with respect, kindness and consideration at all times
- Ask open-ended questions
- Maintain open communication with RSVP staff about any concerns
- Complete training, background check and sign confidentiality form
- Fill out required paperwork
CHAT volunteers must sign a confidentiality agreement and undergo a background check before being paired with a senior.
10 More opportunities with Oxnard RSVP
About Oxnard RSVP
350 No. C St., Oxnard, CA 93030, US
Oxnard RSVP's mission is to enrich the lives of people age 55 and over by building a bridge to meaningful volunteer opportunities that use their time and talent in significant service to the community.
RSVP helps answer unmet community needs by matching mature volunteers (ages 55+) with non-profit and public agencies. All work is voluntary and based on the individual's desire to serve.
throughout west Ventura CountyOxnard,Camarillo, CA 93030
May 15, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week, calls can be made when convenient for volunteer and client.