Business and Operations Volunteer
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
We are seeking experienced professionals in areas such as business development, operations management, strategic planning, and resource allocation. As a Business & Operations Volunteer, you will facilitate cross-departmental collaboration to ensure operational efficiency. This requires you to be results oriented. Consequently, those with a passion for quantifying the intangible - in this case, social impact - thrive most in this role.
Current organization needs will determine appropriate responsibilities, as this role works with multiple business functions.
- Evaluate current operations and formulate actionable recommendations to improve organizational performance
- Work with integrated business management tools and CRM software, specifically Salesforce
- Develop quarterly reports and support in maintaining the annual budget
- Analyze budget and operations to provide recommendations on how to reduce inefficiencies
- Conduct "best business practices" research and draw conclusion with said research
- Assist in the formation of internal training and talent development programs
- Partner with stakeholders to understand business goals, metrics, processes and requirements
- Results oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 2+ years experience in a related field or Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Ability to adapt operational strategies in the context of uncertainty
- Consistent record of successfully multitasking under pressure
- Experience leading teams to achieve measurable goals
- Competency in budget management and resource allocation methods
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners
- Nonprofit organizational experience with integrated business management tools and CRM software, Salesforce experience is a must
- Strong understanding of Salesforce technical/development/integrations capabilities
Due to the COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 22, 2021