3 people are interested
Communications Support & Strategist
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Do you have a passion for social media? Are you an engaging storyteller? Do your friends call you visionary, trendy, or clever? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this volunteer position might just be the perfect fit for you and a place where you get to show off your resourcefulness, imagination, skills, and experience.
At Greenstand, we are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate content creator and strategist who has some professional experience to join our Marketing and Communications team. On the social media site, you will be working on developing and maintaining Greenstand’s online presence through various social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and the World Economic Forum’s UpLink platform. You will also have the opportunity to write your own posts for Greenstand’s blog . This position will be responsible for actively updating and maintaining our social media channels, creating and brainstorming content, creating a plan to enhance online presence, and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Build and manage Greenstand’s social media profiles and presence alongside the Communications team.
- Assist with blog post drafting and review.
- Write regular blog posts on pre-approved topics that relate to Greenstand’s work.
- Create and execute scheduled social media engagement strategies. This includes but is not limited to crafting, posting, and tracking posts across various social media platforms, social listening, follower pushes, engaging with influencers, etc.
- Guide and provide strategic direction through the entire brand identity and design process.
- Create a "standard" messaging approach and ad for each target audience.
- Raise awareness of the importance of better reforestation practices, for the environment and for the development of a sustainable nature-based economy.
- Create social media graphics and collaborate on new concepts and ideas.
- Ability to think outside the box for innovative ways for nonprofits to use all social platforms to achieve their goals.
- Expertise in brand identity, development, and application through strategy, design, and messaging.
- Highly organized and a strategic thinker and planner. More concerned about long-term impact than short-term gain.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated and can complete work independently with considerations to timelines, and enjoys working as part of a collaborative team. Time commitment is 10-15 hours per week, including a bi-weekly meeting that is flexible with its schedule.
- Ability to manage and produce video projects that are in line with our brand guidelines & communications strategy.
What you get in return
- Letter confirming your volunteer hours and projects
- Professional reference(s)
- Valuable experience & leadership opportunities
- Engagement with a team of global professionals
Greenstand is a fully remote social non-profit organization turning environmental stewardship into a reliable source of income. Our work tackles both extreme poverty and climate change. Our main product is the Treetracker, a mobile app that allows planting organizations and their donors to track the growth of newly planted trees through periodic geotagged photos.
The project is at a really exciting stage and has just been elevated to a Supporting Partner for the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration . This could not be done without our amazing Greenstanders contributing their skills and time from around the world.
Read more about our work on Greenstand.org.
Please follow the below link and fill out the form. Greenstand team members will be in touch soon.
721 Depot Drive, ANCHORAGE, AK 99501, US
Greenstand is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization developing open-source technology to address climate change and alleviate poverty through digitizing environmental goods and services. We are made up of about 505 contributors across the globe. Our Treetracker app verifies and tracks individual trees, thus creating transparency in the reforestation sphere. Organizations and donors can locate individual trees and trade their ecological impact. By facilitating ownership of trees and their ecological services, Greenstand allows for tree-growing organizations to stay accountable.
Greenstand develops mobile technology for better forestation techniques. Through our Treetracker app, rural smallholder farmers in some of the most remote communities on the planet are able to earn a sustainable income by planting, caring for, and tracking trees. Each tree grower takes a geotagged photo of their tree and uploads it to the Treetracker’s verification system, where Greenstanders verify that each photographed tree is alive and growing. Verified trees are digitized as Impact Tokens, which can be traded or sold among other Impact Wallet users within the Treetracker app.
Nasiyan was one of our first Treetracker. A single mother living with extreme visual and hearing impairments, she could barely afford to keep food on the table for herself and her three sons. However, since she began growing and tracking trees with Greenstand, her life has been looking up. Her young forest has become a small biodiversity hotspot, and with the income she has earned from tracking trees, she can now afford to send her boys to school.
Are you interested in helping us fight climate change and extreme poverty? We’re interested in you! Please check out our open opportunities or shoot us an email at email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 4, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- 10-15 hours per week.