1 person is interested
Fundraising Coordinator Unique Animal Shelter Project
1 person is interested
Sanctuary Hostel is a project to create an animal shelter/ hostel/ community garden where we will work with other nonprofits in both Mexico and the US. Our model plans to be self-sustaining in that we will not rely solely on donations and thus not be at risk of returning animals to the streets. We have the land and are working with an architect to design custom buildings.
We are looking for a dedicated volunteer Fundraising/Event Manager to plan, coordinate, implement and manage our initial fundraising campaigns for the construction of our new animal shelter/ hostel community project.
Responsible for devising and managing fundraising campaigns and events. You would report to a member of the board and work closely with them.
Duties include identifying resources, managing schedules to meet fundraising goals, monitor and measure ROI of campaigns, maintaining campaign budgets.
In this role, you will work closely with a specific Board member as well as external agencies and/or vendors.
Our ideal individual will be honest and reliable. Will respond to emails in a timely manner and be direct in all communications in order to avoid confusion.
To be successful:
- Have experience in managing events and fundraising efforts
- Have experience with following project management methodologies
- Have experience with or willingness to learn and use donor management programs
- Have a dedication to animals and their welfare
- Create fundraising campaigns to educate and attract donors for physical items and money donations
- Plan and manage Fundraising events
- Recruit support for the efforts, especially for fundraising events
- Oversee the quality and content of copy that is created in marketing events and campaigns to ensure brand loyalty and identity is maintained (i.e on social media or any other media outlet)
- Assess and report results of campaigns or fundraiser events and efforts and apply improvements and recommendations where and when necessary
- Create an annual fundraising plan and budget to include resources, and staffing needed
Do you have?... or are you?
- Past experience in fundraising campaigns and/or communications, especially in a nonprofit
- Past experience managing and or direct work with fundraising campaigns and ongoing funding efforts
- A critical thinker
- A servant Leader
- Good problem solving skills
- Good people and teaming skills
- Project management experience and skills
- Experience in and/or learn Donor applications (i.e. Bloomerang) and Infinity CRM for managing projects and overall leadership information
For more information about our organization, please visit our website https://sanctuaryhostel.org
About Sanctuary Hostel
750 Otay Lakes Rd 1024, Chula Vista, CA 91910, US
To create a self-sustained eco-friendly sanctuary where humans and animals can live in peace. By combining a hostel with the opportunity to volunteer with animal rescue, we offer you a place to stay, to help, and to learn about animals so enriching all our lives. You’ll also be able to give back and volunteer with animal rescue teams.
We are building an animal shelter/ hostel/ community garden. Our model aims to be self sufficient so we wont rely on donations in order to care for the animals we rescue. Travelers can stay and volunteer with us in exchange for a bed. The community can learn to grow and cook plant based meals with us.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 13, 2021
- Event Design & Planning
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Database Administration
- Background Check