18 people are interested
Senior Lunch Meal Delivery - Family Friendly Volunteer Opportunity
ORGANIZATION: House of Neighborly Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
18 people are interested
Meal Delivery Dates and Times: Tuesday - Friday, Must arrive by 10:30 until completed
Deliveries usually take about an hour and a half to complete. However, you will get 3 hours for your volunteer time.
All volunteers must complete our application and receive a copy of our handbook.
You will be delivering the meals in your car. The cooler you will receive with the meals is 42 inches long, 19 inches wide, and 20 inches deep. The cooler is the Igloo 150-Qt. Maxcold Performance Cooler. We recommended that volunteers attend in pairs. If you are a pair, only one person needs to register. Both team members need to complete the application and receive the handbook. Please notify Susan.Barnes@hns-tx.org if you will be attending with another person.
Please wear a mask at our site for the safety of our seniors.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sign up or with any other questions you may have.
On the day you volunteer, you must arrive by 10:30. If you have not arrived by then, you will receive a call to check-in.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About House of Neighborly Service
407 N CALAVERAS, SAN ANTONIO, TX 78207, US
House of Neighborly Service provides opportunities which encourage, educate, and empower the families of our Westside community.
House of Neighborly Service (HNS) has been providing social services to the children, families and seniors of San Antonio’s Westside for over 100 years. Our mission is realized through four primary program areas:
- Family Support: HNS prevents child abuse and neglect and helps families prepare their children for school through our Early Intervention Program. This involves parenting education, developmental and mental health evaluations, individual service planning and implementation, and respite care.
- Child Development: Our Kid’s Place Child Development and Treatment Center improves the social-emotional development of children enrolled in its multi-age classes while also addressing physical and intellectual development.
- Senior Health: We provide the seniors of our community with nutritional meals and meaningful activities to promote their physical and mental health.
- Food Security: Our food distribution program provides weekly boxes of fresh produce and other healthy food items.
These programs provide vital services that meet the identified needs of our Westside community throughout the lifespan.
2802 West SalinasSan Antonio, TX 78207
August 16, 2022
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Must have a Valid Drivers License