1 person is interested
1 person is interested
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following
projects that support Poppy Life Care efforts:
● Provide holistic services, wellness workshops, mindfulness coaching, stress management
and complementary care education to Poppy Life Care patients and families. (Modalities
& Programs: Mindfulness Coaching, Meditation, Breathing Techniques, Yoga, etc.).
● Work with health care teams (Primary Care, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, Nursing,
Behavioral Health and more) to integrate symptoms and stress management techniques
and programs that will include group programs and regular check-ins.
● Research and connect with complementary practitioners in the community for new and
upcoming modalities and practitioners in the community.
● Develop a creative and integrative approach to implementing Mind/Body programs that
will meet the needs of the individuals and families of Poppy Life Care Foundation.
● Attend educational trainings to stay current on modalities and certifications.
● Engage in outreach activities related to Mind/Body (offsite events, partnerships, etc.).
● Provide 1.1 support and 4 week-guided Mindfulness Coaching Program for individuals
● Subject matter expert (SME) advisor to Poppy Life Care.
● Liaison with community organizations and businesses to promote Poppy Life Care’s
mission, developing community service, raising funds and awareness wherever possible.
● Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.
● Additional duties as appropriate for role and Mind/Body programs.
Education and experience:
● Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field
● Mind/Body Certification (MBSR or similar) (required)
● Bachelor’s degree in Mind/Body Psychology or similar (required)
● Master’s degree in Psychology in Education or similar (required)
● Certified Yoga Instructor (preferred)
● Experience in Team Building, Problem Solving, Meditation, Research and Creative
● Experience working with community groups, persons of disabilities) is helpful.
● Experience working with Autism Spectrum Disorder (strongly preferred)
● Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
About Poppy Life Care Foundation, Inc.
4590 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 500, Newport Beach, CA 92501, US
Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents struggling with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
Poppy Kids Educational Curriculum - we need bright minds and skills to help organize these programs, implement and promote them withing schools. The purpose of the education curriculum is to provide media such as video, children's and parents books or packages that provide guidance, promote acceptance and encourage lifestyle changes. In addition, these media outlets can be resources for parents and children alike to help them cope with daily challenges or ongoing pains.
Poppy Care Directors Program -- This program offers in-home care and support for kids with autism, ADHD, anxiety or depression. The purpose is to relieve parents of the often times demanding therapy sessions, provide an in-home "assistant" that gives parents the ease of mind that they have someone there to help them. As this program develops, there are more support systems created that we will implement.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 27, 2021
- Business Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- IT Consulting
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, 1 - 4 hours per week. Hours may be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Occasional on-site weekend event support may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration typicall