7 people are interested
Children's Activity Volunteer (All Roads Lead to Alexander)
7 people are interested
Are you a friendly, reliable, community-focused person, with previous experience working or volunteering with children?
Caudwell Children are looking for Birmingham-based volunteers for our upcoming project, "All Roads Lead to Alexander". This project is an opportunity for life stories from Commonwealth families to be told, from the time they left their country until the time they arrived in the West Midlands, as told through the eyes of their disabled and abled children.
The Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games will be a global stage to showcase the talent and diversity of Birmingham and the West Midlands. We will use that global stage to lift up disabled children, working to create abled and disabled co-operation and to foster new relationships between communities.
We need volunteers to assist with creative workshops for children. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Caudwell Children staff member(s) in running the community activity music and engagement sessions
- Help to ensure all children are safe during the activity sessions
- Support staff members with planned activities
- Participate in setting up an activity and helping with the set down
- Communicate and work with the children to ensure they have fun
- Contribute to and represent Caudwell Children as part of the 'All Roads Lead to Alexander’ Commonwealth Games project
- Contribute to the legacy of the project within the community through legacy lifeskills sessions
If you’re looking to gain community connections, communication and teamwork skills, and experience working with children, please apply.
Suggested commitment of 8-12 hours per month - full training and support will be provided.
About Caudwell Children
Caudwell International Children's Centre, Innovation Way, Keele Science & Innovation Park, Newcatle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5NT, GB
Caudwell children transforms the lives of disabled children across the UK. We act as a safety net for families who are unable to gain the help they need. We dont believe in waiting lists for children. We treat families and their children as individuals We are a national charity with a local heart The Charity's management and running costs are covered by a kind benefactor so that donations go directly to help children in need.
Caudwell Children can help with:
- Family support services and short break activities
- Mobility and sensory equipment
- Access to life saving surgeries and treatments
- Life changing therapy and support programmes for children with brain injuries and their families
- Fully supported family holidays for children fighting life threatening illnesses
BirminghamBirmingham, United Kingdom
September 16, 2021
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 10
- Orientation or Training
- Suggested time commitment of 8-12 hours per month.