18 people are interested
Children's Activity Volunteer (All Roads Lead to Alexander)
ORGANIZATION: Caudwell Children
Please visit the new page to apply.
18 people are interested
Are you a friendly, reliable, community-focused person, with previous experience working or volunteering with children?
Caudwell Children are looking for Birmingham-based volunteers for our upcoming project, "All Roads Lead to Alexander". This project is an opportunity for life stories from Commonwealth families to be told, from the time they left their country until the time they arrived in the West Midlands, as told through the eyes of their disabled and abled children.
The Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games will be a global stage to showcase the talent and diversity of Birmingham and the West Midlands. We will use that global stage to lift up disabled children, working to create abled and disabled co-operation and to foster new relationships between communities.
We need volunteers to assist with creative workshops for children. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Caudwell Children staff member(s) in running the community activity music and engagement sessions
- Help to ensure all children are safe during the activity sessions
- Support staff members with planned activities
- Participate in setting up an activity and helping with the set down
- Communicate and work with the children to ensure they have fun
- Contribute to and represent Caudwell Children as part of the 'All Roads Lead to Alexander’ Commonwealth Games project
- Contribute to the legacy of the project within the community through legacy lifeskills sessions
If you’re looking to gain community connections, communication and teamwork skills, and experience working with children, please apply.
Suggested commitment of 8-12 hours per month - full training and support will be provided.
9 More opportunities with Caudwell Children
About Caudwell Children
Caudwell International Children's Centre, Innovation Way, Keele Science & Innovation Park, Newcatle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5NT, GB
OUR VISION: A world where all disabled children and their families have choice, opportunity, dignity and understanding. OUR MISSION: Practical and emotional support through compassionate and efficient services. OUR MOTTO: Whatever It Takes.
Caudwell Children provide family support services, equipment, treatment and therapies for disabled children and their families across the UK. We also provide autism assessment and support at our purpose built Caudwell Internation Children's Centre based in Staffordshire.
Passionate, positive and practical; we are motivated to improve the lives of the estimated 770,000 disabled children living in the UK, starting with the 400,000 living in or on the margins of poverty.
We can help with:
- Family support services and short break activities
- ASD assessments from our multidisciplinary clinical team
- Funded mobility and sensory equipment
- Access to life saving surgeries and treatments
- Life changing therapy and support programmes for children with brain injuries and their families
BirminghamBirmingham, United Kingdom
July 18, 2022
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 10
- Orientation or Training
- Suggested time commitment of 8-12 hours per month.