5 people are interested
Facilitate Educational Support Groups
ORGANIZATION: NoSilence NoViolence
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
NoSilence NoViolence is looking for compassionate and dependable volunteers to facilitate educational support groups (presenters work in pairs as Lead & Co). We believe that one of the keys to getting ahead of the domestic violence epidemic is education and prevention. Our educational support facilitators will have a key role in this! You will have the opportunity to present to different groups on an array of topics that we provide. Facilitators and co-facilitators will work together to create safe spaces where survivors can discuss the topic at hand while sharing their experiences.
Facilitators and co-facilitators will:
- Be available to facilitate 4-6 week presentations online (currently running relationship skills class)
- Mutually discuss who will speak to what, what requirements are needed to present, who will confirm logistics etc.
- Ensure schedule of trainings and ensure adequate presenter prep completed
- Coordinate meetings with participants (sending reminder emails, Team links if applicable)
- Open and close the meetings with community agreements, be responsible for managing group time
- Use provided curriculum to facilitate discussion and opportunities for educational and emotional peer support
- Connect participants to other NoSilence NoViolence approved resources as needed
- Support and resolve any problems/issues that come up during meetings
- Follow up with existing participants as needed
- NoSilence NoViolence would like to see our support groups grow to be able to provide support to those who English is a second language, LGBTQ+, teens etc.
- Maintain sign in sheet, record of presentations given, how many in attendance, and hours volunteered
- Empathy, solid listening skills, patience and openness. Public Speaking/presentation skills and comfortable managing group dynamics.
- Experience with or understanding of domestic violence. 40 hour domestic violence training a plus as is social work and/or counseling graduates.
A minimum of 6 month commitment preferred. The time commitment for this varies depending on number of presentations scheduled (typically about 4-6 hours a month). Currently we are offering relationship classes and would love to expand our reach by way of teen relationship classes, LGBQT+ relationship classes, military relationship classes etc.
We will provide training, presentations/slide decks, ongoing support and education.
Training will start November 2023 for classes starting in early 2024
About NoSilence NoViolence
12592 CAMINITO DE LA GALLARDA, San Diego, CA 92128, US
To reduce the incidence, trauma and stigma of domestic violence by creating awareness, providing support and empowerment, shifting perspectives, and promoting/facilitating systems change.
Grant writer, Administrative Assistant, Fundraising & Event support, Crisis Support, Educational presenters (will train all)
Multiple locations Encinitas, CA 92024
November 15, 2023
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Public Speaking
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a month, depending on how many presentations scheduled.
- Cost of background check to be paid for by volunteer (cost is $20.50. Scholarships available upon request.