Social Media Support Volunteer
The Brain Tumour Charity
We have in excess of 140,000 followers across our core social media channels of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
We use these channels to communicate key elements of our work to those affected by a brain tumour, and to support our strategic goals of halving the harm caused by brain tumours and doubling survival. This helps us move further, faster towards a cure.
Our channels have grown significantly in recent years and we are looking for additional support to make sure we are maximising their impact.
How can you help?
This is an exciting opportunity to support our marketing team by being involved in creative content creation work, engaging with our online community and reaching out to those talking about our cause.
The role will include:
- Working with our Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager to manage and engage with our social media community via comments, inbox messages and social listening;
- Working with our Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager to develop and schedule creative social media content;
- Assist with social media campaign and advertisement launches and
- Assisting with some social media reporting on our social media impact and content performance.
We're looking for...
This is an exciting new volunteer role. We want to hear from you if you:
- Are happy creating written content for a variety of audiences, while being sensitive to The Charity’s voice and brand
- Are confident using a variety of social platforms and scheduling tools (e.g. SproutSocial and Create) (desirable but not mandatory)
- Are creative and innovative, with a keen eye for detail
- Have experience working with families or individuals through a social care or support based role (desirable)
- Have prior experience in social media or marketing including social media analytics (desirable)
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, including individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
What impact will you have?
Your support will enable us to maximise our presence online, reaching and signposting more people that need our support, encouraging new fundraising activity, amplifying our brand and helping ensure our content creates the largest impact possible.
What can you gain from volunteering?
- You’ll have the opportunity to utilise your existing skills, while developing and learning new ones to take forward into the future
- You’ll join a friendly, passionate team and develop an understanding of how the digital team at The Charity operates.
This opportunity is only available to applicants who are based in the UK. You will receive a full induction to The Brain Tumour Charity and any specific training for the role, as well as ongoing direction from a team member within the Digital Team.
We carry out reference checks for all individuals who will be volunteering with us on a regular basis. Volunteers will also be required to complete some internal data protection and disclosure documentation before commencing the role. Volunteers must be over 18.
About The Brain Tumour Charity
Hartshead House, 61-65 Victoria Road, Farnborough, Hampshire gu14 7pa, GB
The Brain Tumour Charity is the world's leading brain tumour charity and the largest dedicated funder of research into brain tumours globally. Committed to saving and improving lives, we're moving further, faster to help every single person affected by a brain tumour. We're set on finding new treatments, offering the highest level of support and driving urgent change. And we're doing it right now. Because we understand that when you, or someone you love, is diagnosed with a brain tumour - a cure really can't wait.
- Double survival by 2025
- Halve the harm that brain tumours have on quality of life by 2020
Our values underpin our culture, the way we do things and what we believe in. We are pioneering, passionate, collaborative and smart.