12 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
The #1 goal of Humane Action Pittsburgh (HAP) is to educate the Pittsburgh region on how to prevent and relieve animal suffering by taking meaningful action. The HAP Website Manager will maintain our website(s) to make sure we are providing resources, and accurate and up to date information regarding the organization, our campaigns, and relevant issues.
Purpose of the Position
- Increase visibility and impact of HAP with our web presence
- Maintain and manage humaneactionpittsburgh.org and all associated webpages
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop web pages and designs that are appealing and functional
- Perform regular quality checks to ensure website is functioning properly
- Make edits to website as directed by HAP leadership
- Make sure all HAP materials have consistent and positive messaging and branding
- Add blogs, podcast episodes, new events, and other regular posts (content to be provided)
- Maintain subscriptions with hosting site and other relevant third parties
- Work with Director of Communication to manage subscriptions and other overlapping responsibilities
- Grow awareness of HAP with the general public
Training on HAP’s core values, mission, and policies, including orientation on various campaign missions and statuses. Training on website (prior web management experience required).
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and digital communication skills
- Able to work within HAP leadership as a team member
- Creativity to produce exciting and interesting designs
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- The technological ability to work on a variety of digital platforms and also create web and mobile content
- Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and nonpartisan manner
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google Drive
Time Commitment Required
3 - 4 hours a week. This may vary.
Professional dress required for professional meetings (if any). If attending an informal event on behalf of HAP, we ask the volunteer to purchase a HAP or NPP T-shirt for $7.
- Work can be conducted remotely.
- Meetings with HAP leadership will be in person at a mutually convenient location or virtual via Zoom conference.
- Attendance at HAP general meetings (Humane Animal Rescue at 6926 Hamilton Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15208) is highly encouraged once they resume.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Grow leadership skills
- Develop communication skills
- Cultivate your passion for animal and environmental protection and put it into action
- Create real impact on the issues regarding animal welfare
- Be a valued HAP team member
- Build your volunteer resume
What Volunteers Can Expect from HAP
- Support of HAP leadership and members
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 16, 2022
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- IT Management