6 people are interested
Life Skills Coach
6 people are interested
Soft skills are just as important as hard skills in order to achieve success. I’RAISE is looking for someone that has mastered some of life’s most important skills to share with a group of our young people. Topics that would be covered in this virtual class include organization skills, test taking skills, time management skills, conflict resolution and more. Share what you know so our kids can succeed too!
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of children once or twice per week
- Draft an outline to cover all lessons from week-to-week and materials that will assist in your teaching.
- Teach critical life skills to a group of teen students ages 14-18.
- Complete weekly session notes to update on each class.
- Communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email.
- Prior experience mentoring, tutoring or teaching teens preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Must be 18+ years old
Hours of work and duration of commitment: Must be available up to 4 hours per week (Monday-Friday) between the hours of 10am and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment from June through August 2021.
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 14, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training