2 people are interested
2 people are interested
We are looking for a volunteer with excellent taste buds to share some of their passion for cooking with a group of enthusiastic young people ages 8-13. The Cooking Instructor will direct students on how to create simple summer treats while teaching about food safety practices and the function of various kitchen appliances. As a final project, the instructor will prepare students to create a quick dish and speak to it as part of a virtual showcase at the close of the semester.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of children once or twice a week
- Draft an outline to cover all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform cooking projects.
- Teach simple cooking recipes to students.
- Effectively draft and communicate clear instructions during the class for a safe kitchen experience for the students.
- Complete weekly session notes to update on each class.
- Communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email.
- Professional chef or well experienced home chef preferred
- Prior experience working with children preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Must be 18+ years old
Location: RemoteHours of work and duration of commitment: Must be available up to 4 hours per week (Monday-Friday) between the hours of 10am and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment from June through August 2021.
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 14, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Cooking / Catering
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training