HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
V o l u n t e e r P o s i t i o n D e s c r i p t i o n : E v e n t M a n a g e r
We are searching for an enthusiastic Event Manager with a "can-do" attitude to assist our organization in hosting events that enhance our organization's image, raise funds for operational costs and campaigns, and connect with our members, legislators, and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Identify requirements and expectations for each event.
● Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and supervisors during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
● Assist with volunteer management during planning stages and day-of.
● Keep up to date records in appropriate spreadsheets and shared folders to enable ease of access for other HAP leadership.
● Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes.
● Maintain event budgets.
● Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers.
● Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the proper standards.
● Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
● Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
● Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events
● Share and support HAP’s mission and core values; adhere to HAP’s policies
● Other duties as needed
Time Commitment Required
Varies. HAP executes one large fundraising event per year in the spring, the Heroes Awards Reception (commonly referred to as the "gala"). Planning for this event will begin as early as the completion of the prior year’s gala and could require an hour per week throughout the year, with more as the event draws closer. Other event assistance and planning on as needed basis.
The research and planning can be conducted remotely from home or another location. Attendance at HAP meetings required.
Skills and Qualifications
● Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and non-partisan manner
● Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and meet deadlines
● Working knowledge of Google Drive, Trello and Dropbox, or a willingness to learn
Training on HAP’s values, policies and core values, including orientation on campaign missions and status.
Professional dress required for meetings. If attending an informal event, volunteer must purchase a HAP or NPP T-shirt at cost.
Benefits to the Volunteer
● Know you are key to making a difference in the betterment of animals by educating the community on important animal-related issues
● Take your passion for animal protection and put it into action
● Be a valued HAP team member
● Build your volunteer resume and develop research and communication skills
● Networking with the greater animal protection, legislative, and event planning communities of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, and Pennsylvania.
What Volunteers Can Expect From HAP
* Support of HAP leadership and members
* Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.