7 people are interested
Fashion Design Instructor
7 people are interested
Summer is coming. It’s time to put fashion forward. We are looking for a creative, stylish individual to provide instruction in Fashion Design to interested teens ages 14-18 during our summer semester. Participants should learn about the business side of fashion while putting their drawing and design skills on paper. Great opportunity for a fashion design student or professional looking to share their knowledge and skills with interested youth.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of youth once or twice per week.
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects.
- Engaging students to provide insight into the world of fashion and foster their creative design ability.
- Prepare students for a virtual showcase demonstration in August 2021.
- Complete weekly session notes following each class.
- Communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email.
- Education or professional experience in the fashion industry
- Prior experience teaching or tutoring teens or young children
- Excellent design, interpersonal & communication skills
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Must be 18+ years old
Location: RemoteHours of work and duration of commitment: Must be available 3-5 hours per week (Monday-Friday) between the hours of 10am and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment from June through August 2021.
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 7, 2021
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training