We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Compassus Hospice has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
1 person is interested
Looking for Ways to Help in Oakland County ? Become a Hospice Volunteer!
ORGANIZATION: Compassus Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
If you are compassionate, caring, and have a calling to help others, becoming a hospice
volunteer might be the perfect opportunity for you. Our volunteers give their time, talent and
hearts generously and unselfishly - yet commonly feel that they receive more than they give.
Volunteers may choose the area in which they prefer to function and the hours they are willing
to donate. We serve all of Oakland County.
Some areas to volunteer include:
* Patient Support: Providing Companionship to the Patient and/or Caregiver Relief
* Administrative: Data Entry, Filing and Office Assistance
* Special Projects: Nursing Home Activities, Sewing, Holidays, Special Events
* Bereavement Support
*Compassus Hospice follows CDC guidelines for COVID-19 response, and additional PPE training will be conducted with all new volunteers.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Compassus Hospice
28120 Dequindre Road, Warren, MI 48092, US
The Colleagues of Compassus Hospice are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those with whom they come into contact.
Most volunteers feel personally rewarded through offering their time, energy and compassion when they see how much they are able to help patients and families. Further benefits frequently experienced by our volunteers include:
- Greater self-knowledge from insights gained from relationships with patients, their families and from the hospice volunteer training.
- Spiritual growth from supporting a person through the final days while increasing the awareness of their own sense of spiritual values.
The people that make up Compassus are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families with end-of-life issues. This includes our volunteers.
At Compassus, we believe that every life is unique and deserves a meaningful and personal final journey. Perhaps you’ve experienced hospice services with a member of your family, or are looking for a meaningful way to volunteer your time. If you believe that giving your time can enhance the lives of others, we encourage you to explore volunteer opportunities with Compassus.
28120 Dequindre RoadWarren, MI 48092
February 14, 2022
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As much or as little time as you are willing to give! We do ask for a 6-12 month commitment.