Animal Transport Administrator
Animal Transport Administrator
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To support the transport efforts of Dallas Pets Alive by ensuring all transport animals are prepped, cleared, and ready for transport and all fosters have been provided all pertinent information to complete a successful transport.
TIME REQUIREMENT: 15-20 hours per month
- Coordinate with fosters who will be sending animals on transport by email correspondence.
- Working with fosters and Medical Team to ensure all required medical needs are met prior to transport.
- Collaborate with Foster Team and Rescue Team to check all paperwork, medical and legal, is in order prior to transport.
- Track needs, animals, and points of contact for all transports.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Correspondence with DPA volunteers, leadership team, and fosters on a regular basis.
REPORTS TO : This position reports to the Rescue Director, Foster/Medical Director, VP Animal Operations, and the Executive Director.
- Must be proficient with use of email and have regular phone access.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and maintain professional level correspondence at all times.
- Must be skilled with spreadsheets and working with Google Drive.
- Must display a positive attitude at all times and present DPA in a positive manner to the public.
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively with a variety of leadership styles.
- Must possess excellent problem solving ability, and ability to work within deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have HS diploma or higher degree of education.
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- TIME REQUIREMENT: 15-20 hours per month.