DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Director of Programs, Board of Directors
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Organization Mission and Vision
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Washington, DC (YNPNdc) is a volunteer-run organization that activates young nonprofit professionals and champions their needs to strengthen the Greater Washington nonprofit community. We are a community of forward-thinking and inspired nonprofit professionals who are effecting change.
YNPNdc is an independent 501(c)(3) organization, affiliated with the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which serves more than 50,000 members and includes chapters in more than 40 cities.
In this volunteer role, the Director of Programs is responsible for overseeing YNPNdc’s overall programs strategy and leads a talented team of volunteers that comprise the Programs Committee. This position is a member of the Board of Directors for YNPNdc, and as such, entails working collaboratively with the full Board to ensure the success of the organization.
- Define an annual programming plan and submit for approval a corresponding annual programs budget to the full board. The Programs Committee will be responsible for updating the plan and programs budget on an annual basis.
- Responsible for the management of all Programs Volunteer positions and ensuring Committee needs are being fulfilled by the current positions. Holds at least four Committee meetings per year.
- Oversee the planning and execution of YNPNdc programming.
- Current programming includes monthly Happy Hours, Inner Circles and the Mentorship Program.
- Identify opportunities to offer new programming and develop proposals to present to the Board.
- Coordinate with the Communications Committee for marketing and follow up for all events
- Maintain a volunteer staffing plan for YNPNdc programming events. Provide a method to track Board of Directors presence at all programming events and, in partnership with the Governance Committee, hold the Board of Directors accountable for attending all events.
- Collaborate with other Committees to analyze the findings from the Membership Survey. Identify opportunities to integrate programming into monthly events based on survey findings.
- Work with the Director of External Partnerships to establish and maintain strategic relationships with partner organizations to support the planning and execution of programming.
- Serves as a backup to volunteer responsibilities.
- With support from the full board, define and implement methods of evaluating YNPNdc programming for impact, reach, participant satisfaction and other measures as needed.
- Passion for YNPNdc’s mission and vision .
- Expertise in event planning and management.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong ability to focus, listen deeply, and create space for open conversation and learning.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (10-15 hours per month).
About YOUNG NONPROFIT PROFESSIONALS NETWORK OF WASHINGTON DC
1666 K ST NW STE 440, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
YNPNdc strengthens the greater Washington nonprofit sector by activating, engaging, and championing emerging nonprofit professionals and connecting them with resources, ideas, and each other.
YNPNdc is an independent, volunteer-led organization, affiliated with the National Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which includes chapters in more than 40 cities. We bring young professionals together through networking, professional development events, providing mentoring opportunities, and convene the sector. We envision a community of inspired professionals equipped to lead a diverse and evolving nonprofit sector in Greater Washington and beyond. YNPNdc members are inspired professionals who are interested in strengthening the greater Washington nonprofit sector through networking, professional development, and advocacy. Learn more about becoming a member!
Washington DC Metro AreaWashington, DC 20006
October 7, 2021
- Event Management
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Event Planning / Management
- Project Management
- 10-15 hours/month