Hospital Elder Life volunteers (HELP) needed at Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh
ORGANIZATION: Aurora Health Care Volunteer Opportunities
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) is an innovative program designed to maximize the hospital experience of older patients. Being in the hospital can be difficult for an older person and can cause a decline in their physical and mental abilities. HELP strives to keep the older patients' minds and bodies active, speeding the healing and recovery process.
You will receive specific training in four volunteer intervention programs including: daily visitor, mealtime assistance, early mobilization, and therapeutic activities. You will be able to provide encouragement and companionship to older patients and families.
Several positions include:
- Daily Visitor Program - Daily visits to keep participating patients alert and oriented by providing daily schedules and answering questions, while providing support and socialization.
- Mealtime Assistance Program Provides companionship and assistance at meals if necessary.
- Early Mobilization Program - Provides daily assistance with walking and range of motion exercise.
- Therapeutic Activities Program - Provides stimulating and enjoyable activities to help patients stay mentally focused and provide recreation. Volunteers also assist with stress-reducing relaxation exercises.
This is a 6 month minimum commitment with one 3-4 hour shift per week.
Please visit https://www.aurorahealthcare.org/patients-visitors/volunteer to complete an online application. After your application has been received, you will receive an email in regards to the next steps.
This opportunity is available at:
Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh
855 N. Westhaven Dr.
Oshkosh, WI 54904
About Aurora Health Care Volunteer Opportunities
36500 Aurora Dr, Summit, WI 53066, US
Our mission is to promote health, prevent illness and provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment, whenever and wherever we can best meet people's individual and family needs.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit health care provider and national leader in the efforts to improve the quality of health care.
855 N. Westhaven Dr.Oshkosh, WI 54904
June 10, 2022
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Due to the unique nature of this volunteer role, all volunteers must commit to one 3 hour shift per week for 6 months.
- Please visit https://www.aurorahealthcare.org/patients-visitors/volunteer to complete an online application. After your application has been received, you will receive an email in regards to the next steps.