59 people are interested
Volunteer Coordinator in any City in Canada
59 people are interested
- InsightHeart Foundation- Toronto, ON
- Part-time, Volunteer, Freelance - Temporarily remote
InsightHeart Foundation is a newly non profit organization, founded in 2020 and has representatives in following cities: Toronto, Scarborough, Sudbury, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Saskatchewan, still looking for way to reach more community, we focus on the below three product
- Helping kids/families in the low-income community with school backpacks.
- Provide clothing to the homeless such as jackets, socks, Mitten boots, water bottles etc during summer and winter season.
- Provide free transportation for seniors/ Cancer Patient medical appointments and grocery shopping
Our team is working from home/remotely due to COVID-19. Our work culture is dynamic, fun, and high-paced.
We are expanding and looking for an eager individual to help create and manage/run the foundation virtually
This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Develops and implements recruitment plans, strategies, and marketing materials to attract a wide and diverse range of volunteers.
- Plans and implements volunteer resources and activities based upon information gathered from program objectives.
- Interviews and screens volunteer applicants, provides orientation and training on the role of volunteers to both volunteers and others in the organization; supervises and completes performance evaluations on volunteers and other designated staff as required.
- Selects and places volunteers according to project and organizational needs and suitability and skills of the volunteers.
- Assists in selecting the most suitable volunteers based upon demonstrated skills and experience
- Work with staff & volunteers to develop and implement community outreach strategies
- Liaises with community volunteer organizations regarding volunteerism
- Engage community partnerships with the corporate and business community, local schools, shelters, hospital & other service providers.
- Monitors volunteer performance and compliance with roles, responsibilities and policies; develops and employs ways to recognize volunteers
- Maintains volunteer records, tracks volunteer time devoted to projects and tasks, results of volunteer activity, and prepares regular reports and analyses based upon program goals and objectives.
- Financial Stewardship: This includes all tasks related to bookkeeping, accounting, financial planning, budgeting, reporting, taxes, currency exchanges, cashflow stability, banking, audit, payroll, invoicing and receipting.
Keep a clear record of all incoming and outgoing financial transactions; providing invoices and reimbursements by verifying appropriate documentation.
Prepare financial reports and monthly balance sheets by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information; reconciling financial discrepancies when necessary.
- Operations: Ensure that the day-to-day operation of the organization is effective and efficient.
- Risk & Compliance: Support the OP in identifying and managing organizational risks, establishing and enforcing misconduct policies and consequences, and incorporating and/or filing for tax-exempt status in necessary jurisdictions (ie. countries).
- Strategy: Support the OP in developing and fulfilling InsightHeart Foundation’s vision, mission, organizational direction, and strategic plan.
- Human Resources: Support the OP in the recruitment, hiring, and orientation processes of incoming staff and volunteers.
- Fund Development: Provide support to the OP and Grant Prospectors with fund development activities as it relates to stewarding donor relationships and ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability.
Other administrative duties and operations support as they arise.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Experience in recruitment, selection, orientation, placement and supervision of volunteers
- Familiarity or experience with issues that impact the lives of those affected by hunger, poverty & homelessness.
- Three or more years’ experience in volunteer management, recruitment and training, or adult education preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Post-secondary education in volunteer management, human services, and/or any approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong ability to motivate. Effective leadership and team building skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to write and communicate effectively.
- Able to effectively complete multiple tasks, priorities, deadlines and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers and service users in a culturally diverse environment.
- Analytical thinking, goal and priority setting, problem solving, follow through skills.
- Experience with database systems required, knowledge of Word, Access and Excel desirable.
- Some fundraising experience helpful.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety & Insurance Board, Ministry of Labour and Employment Standards Act.
Job Type: Volunteer
Salary: $0.00 per month
Send Cover Letter and Resume to global-HR@insightheartfoundation.com
About InsightHeart Foundation
7 Ignatius Lane, Toronto, Ontario M1E0A2, CA
InsightHeart Foundation is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing essentials to vulnerable adults and children within low-income communities.
We look to ease the suffering of those experiencing homelessness by distributing warm clothes and care items; ultimately we hope to help close the poverty gap.
We look to create an 'even playing field’ for school students across Canada by distributing school supplies and everyday essentials to at-risk children and families.
And another even playing field: that all cancer patients and elderly people on low incomes can access the medical treatment they need, by enabling them to reach their appointments.
September 9, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- 6months/10hour per week