37 people are interested
Medical Team Volunteer - Manhattan
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
37 people are interested
MEDICAL TEAM VOLUNTEER
Description: This position serves the extremely vital role of caring for animals from intake until final adoption.
Reports To: Intake and Medical Manager.
Schedule: Approximately 3-5 hours per/wk. Days/hours vary based on the number of animals in care.
1) Medical Supply Team:
- Times flexible - Transport nights, days/evenings.
- Fills medication requests.
- Record management.
- Makes transport bags.
- Sorts and catalogs donated medications and supplies.
- Sanitizes crates.
2) Vaccinator Team:
- Administers fluids and other injections based on need.
- Vaccinates pets and ensures vaccination guidelines are met.
- Maintain updates in spreadsheet immediately during/after office hours.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- be over 18 years old.
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
22 More opportunities with Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue3 Reviews
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
Multiple locations New York, NY 10003
May 3, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- It varies, but typically is a few hours per week, including weekends.