2 people are interested
Intern or Volunteer with Changingthepresent.org to support Veterans
2 people are interested
Focus on Veterans Nonprofits:
- We seek high-achieving interns and volunteers who want to take a leadership role and make a difference for the cause ofVeterans. You can also choose to focus on your favorite causes (including education, hunger, women, children, cancer, human rights, environment, women, veterans, etc.) or the charitable needs of any ethnic group, religious group, city, or country. Please see the growing list of causes, countries, cities, ethnic groups, and religious groups on which we focus at https://changingthepresent.org/collections/gifts
- Identify, research, prioritize, and invite potential Advisors and Experts.
- Identify, research, prioritize, and invite nonprofits, who can register and list their charitable gifts at no cost. The opportunity for them is discussed in the slideshow on this page: https://changingthepresent.org/pages/for-nonprofits
- Identify, research, prioritize, and pitch magazines, websites, blogs, professional organizations, social media channels, online communities, and other ways to reach people who care about each specific cause.
- Identify, research, and pitch strategic partners for the cause.
- Identify, research, prioritize, and pitch sources of growth funding (philanthropists, corporations, or foundations)
- Conceive of and create cause marketing sponsorship proposals.
- Identify and invite the promotional support of celebrities who support the cause/community
- We welcome full-time and part-time interns during the school year and/or the summer. We are entrepreneurial and flexible, and we are always hiring.
- Our office is conveniently located at 7thAvenue and 33 Streets in Manhattan. We also have interns who work remotely (as are all of us during the pandemic).
- Please see https://ChangingThePresent.org/joinfor more information. To apply, please send a short cover note and resume to join@ChangingThePresent.orgWe will get back to you very quickly.
- We hope you will also share this opportunity with anyone who might be interested.
- ChangingThePresent.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The New York Times called us an "Amazon.com of the nonprofit world."
- We make the experience of a donation, which you can give in a friend’s name, feel like a rewarding present and an appealing alternative to buying and giving yet more unwanted "stuff." In this way, we are starting to channel to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying birthday, wedding, holiday, and corporate presents. Imagine how much good we could all do together as more of that money goes to making a difference.
About Changing The Present
401 7th Avenue, level B, New York, NY 10001, US
We are launching our new website, which involves inviting the participation of all one million nonprofits, providing each with their own private gift site, and promoting this growing social norm: You don’t have to buy stuff to show your love; instead, you can do something meaningful in a friend’s name.
ChangingThePresent is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which helps channel to nonprofits some of the $250 Americans spend each year on birthday, holiday, and other gifts, by making the experience of giving a donation in a friend’s name feel like a gift with tangible giving opportunities, wish lists, registries, and beautiful, personalized printed greeting cards. The New York Times referred to the site as an "amazon.com of the nonprofit world." You may recognize this as the approach proven by Heifer International, which raises $115 million a year by letting people donate to fund farm animals in a friend’s name. If farm animals can attract that much money, imagine how much is available for more popular causes.
401 7th Avenue, Office Level BNew York, NY 10001
August 12, 2021
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 17