GIRL NOW, WOMAN LATER, INC
Passionate about helping others? Looking to be part of an organization to help underprivileged middle and high school students in underserved areas of Burkina Faso. Girl Now Woman Later Inc is seeking qualified individuals with a background in fundraising, finances, and marketing. Board meetings are usually held on the fourth Friday evening of the month (but it can be flexible). This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about changing the lives of Girls in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Girl Now Woman Later operates internationally with its headquarters located in Marietta, Georgia. The Board of Directors supports the work of Girl Now Woman Later, and provides leadership and strategic governance.
Girl Now Woman Later Board of Directors Job Description:
- Have a willingness to secure financial support for the organization.
- Be an advocate for the organization and its mission within the community.
- Serve on at least one board committee.
- Provide personal financial support to the organization.
- Attend monthly board meetings, prepare for the meetings, review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Stay informed about board matters.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Assist with the identification, cultivation and recruitment of potential new Board members.
- Participate actively in Girl Now Woman Later fundraising and donor cultivation events and educational programs, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the job performance of the Executive Director.
- Govern the organization and ensure adequate financial resources and stability.
- Be an ambassador for the organization in the community and serve with dignity and professionalism.
- Get to know other board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Be an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
About GIRL NOW, WOMAN LATER, INC
PO BOX 1112, MARIETTA, GA 30061, US
"Girl Now Woman Later, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit program. We hope to increase the literacy rate, especially among girls, and also, to increase the graduation rate among females from middle school and high school in Burkina Faso".
We plan to educate, empower, and lead underprivileged middle school students and high school students in underserved areas of Burkina Faso at no charge by providing them access to academic tutors as well as instructors/tutors for vocational skills. We believe that girls should focus on pursuing their educational dreams, first and foremost. Then, they can worry about becoming a woman. We plan to have an after-school program in Burkina Faso for underprivileged middle and high school girls so that they can finish their education through life skill building, and vocational skills.