Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
FTE 0.500 Part-time, but can be full-time if combined with Administrative Assistant.
The Engagement Coordinator will seek to promote Refuge 139 trips through various avenues. These trips provide tailor made VBS-style programs for missionary kids (MKs) living overseas while their parents are in important meetings.
- Promote Refuge 139 in local churches.
- Maintain the JAARS Refuge 139 website and interface with service provider for stability and security.
- Maintain applications and associated forms, reports and sheets.
- Keep the Refuge 139 name on the Wycliffe USA website and in Wycliffe USA publications.
- Maintain the Refuge 139 prayer updates, newsletter and Facebook account.
- Maintain flyers and other promotional materials.
- Maintain and categorize all Refuge 139 pictures and videos.
- Act as a backup for child safety.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Has the working knowledge of social media applications.
- Has the working knowledge of website content management.
- Has the working knowledge of Google office applications.
- Has the ability to develop and present an overview of the program to churches and individuals.
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
September 27, 2021
- General Education
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training