15 people are interested
Front Desk Volunteer and Northshore Senior Center
15 people are interested
Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist
Purpose/Objective: To receive guests/members and welcome them in the warmest way possible as an
ambassador of Northshore Senior Center, both in-person and on the phone.
Location: Northshore Senior Center Front Desk.- Bothell, Kenmore, Mill creek
- Welcome and provide information and process guests/clients upon arrival at the NSC.
- Keep up with information in the catalog, Navigator, informational notebooks at the desk(i.e. Updates) and from staff or volunteer leader, and be familiar with NSC facts, programs, services, and resources.
- Receipt payments from guests/members for classes/activities, memberships or donations on NSC databases including but not limited to MySeniorCenter.
- Process membership forms. Check all information for accuracy and completeness and use My Senior Center to enter member information and payment.
- Present NSC to the public by answering incoming phone lines in a professional, friendly manner and transferring the caller to the appropriate staff or voicemail.
- Complete some administrative and record-keeping tasks each shift.
- Maintain an organized, clean, well-supplied, and welcoming work area.
- Attend receptionist monthly meetings and training (as needed).
- Report any problems or concerns to the Volunteer Leader or Staff Leader.
- As a volunteer, if you are unable to fulfill a scheduled time, you are responsible for contacting another receptionist volunteer to fill your shift.
- Must possess basic computer skills and keep all information confidential.
- Must be welcoming and possess a positive personality, as well as a professional telephone manner.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and complete assignments as given, with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, handle money transactions accurately.
- Must complete a volunteer application, sign a volunteer agreement and authorize a background check. All of these items will be completed prior to starting.
Time Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one 4+ hour shift per week (8:15-12:30 PM or
12:15-4:30 PM). There will also be a training period associated with this position (see below).
Training/Support Provided: Individual, one-on-one training will be provided for a minimum of three
4+hour sessions (or as needed and agreed to). This training will be provided by the Volunteer Leader or other experienced volunteer, as assigned.
Why Volunteer at NSC? Northshore Senior Center’s vision is a community where older adults and those who love them are empowered to choose and develop ever more joyful, healthful and meaningful lives.
Volunteering at a reception desk offers the chance to gain a new perspective on life while involved in social interaction with older adults, strengthen your skills, and make a difference in other people’s lives with the variety of tasks you will experience. Your service can not only put a smile on a participant’s face,
but also provide much-needed support and encouragement.
About Northshore Senior Center
10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell, WA 98011, US
The Northshore Senior Center promotes healthy living & well-being in our community through programs, services, resources and civic engagement. We envision a community where everyone of all ages leads full, healthy and inspired lives.
The Northshore Senior Center is a fun, vibrant community hub, buzzing with activity. Through our nutrition programs, humanities classes (arts, literature, cultural exploration), activities for physical and mental well-being, local field trips and a multitude of social services-including programs for adults of all ages with special needs and family caregivers - we take pride in having helped develop several national models that have demonstrated a positive impact on the well-being of older adults. We strive to ensure that people engaged in our myriad programs and services receive the holistic support they need in an enthusiastic and positive atmosphere. Founded in 1972, the Northshore Senior Center is a local, non-profit organization. Our service area is primarily Bothell, Kenmore, Woodinville, Juanita, Mill Creek, Northeast King County and Southeast Snohomish County.
10201 E Riverside DrBothell, WA 98011
August 12, 2021