Human Resources Staffing and Recruitment Specialist
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
FTE 0.750 Number of hours is negotiable
The staffing specialist is responsible for working to fill JAARS departmental position needs with qualified staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate applicants for suitability and job possibilities; check reference and proceed to invite or offer and conduct onboarding activities if candidate is selected.
- Champion the Candidate Experience by continuously branding a Best Place to Serve, Christ-centered entity; modeling JAARS values; acting with courtesy, professionalism and timeliness.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to ensure vacancy requirements and expectations are clearly understood; candidates are assessed with appropriate criteria. Refer to the current JAARS vacancies, but also consult with department heads concerning staffing needs
- Act as point-of-contact with onboarding process including new member orientation, timely compliance completion of requirements for day one readiness
- Build pipeline, engagement and connection with candidates for current and future vacancies; continuously attract candidates of promise, candidates interested in JAARS service; match future volunteers with future JAARS needs.
- Work with Human Resources team members, departments and stakeholders to enhance the recruitment and staffing function and effectiveness.
- Engage skilled inquirers to fill open positions across the campus
- Respond to requests for information about serving as a volunteer
- Interview prospective staff (volunteer, paid or supported)
- Assist with new staff onboarding
- Evaluate successes and failures in the program and seek ways to improve it
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Ability to display skills in interviewing and evaluating candidate experience, skills and competencies.
- Good team player.
- Expresses an enthusiastic manner in communicating the JAARS Bible Translation ministry
- Technology adaptiveness in using complex technology, systems and applications to apply to function objectives.
- Complete required due diligence and compliance requirements to onboard candidates.
- Enjoys working with people
- Good communicator
- Detail oriented
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
July 16, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
- People 55+