We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Norwalk Hospital has 2 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
71 people are interested
Emergency Department Volunteer Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Norwalk Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
71 people are interested
Are you looking for an interesting volunteer role? Perhaps you aspire to be a medical doctor or nurse... or perhaps you are retired and looking to work in a healthcare environment...
If you are seeking a career as an RN, PA or medical doctor, this volunteer assignment is a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced medical environment.
We seek confident mature individuals aged 18 and up to be trained as a stock person in Norwalk Hospital's emergency department. If you are friendly, outgoing, dependable and enjoy working with minimal supervision this role may be right up your alley!
This volunteer role includes, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Learning all there is to know about medical supplies in an emergency department stock room
- Running errands for the department
- Providing coffee/water for families and patients as requested by the staff
- Offering patients pillows and a warm blanket
- Replacing sheets on stretchers and ensuring they have been cleaned prior to use
- Updating patient white boards
- Offering assistance to families and other visitors to the emergency department
These are just a few examples of what is involved in this assignment. We require volunteers who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done with minimal instruction. In other words, you will be trained on the job, but once you are trained, you will need to take charge of the role and find ways to assist staff without being directed.
Could this be you? Let's find out... Please reach out to us for more information on this role. Thank you!
About Norwalk Hospital
34 Maple Street, Norwalk, CT 06856, US
Where some see impossible, we see what’s possible. At Nuvance Health, we continually strive for progress and push past the status quo in all aspects of what we do. We are Nuvance Health!
Our hospitals, medical practices and care centers are located throughout New York’s Hudson Valley and Western Connecticut. At every location, you’ll find:
- Excellent, convenient care: You don’t need to travel to get the care you deserve. At Nuvance Health, we match major medical center standards of care and innovation with the comforts and familiarity of a community health system.
- Personalized approach: We understand each person is unique, and your care should be as well. We take time to get to know you so we can tailor care plans to meet your needs and lifestyle.
- Connected team: You have the full strength of our talented team on your side. Our specialists collaborate to create a customized, comprehensive care plan just for you.
34 Maple StreetNorwalk, CT 06850
March 29, 2022
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 6 months of service.