42 people are interested
On-Site Intake Coordinator - NYC
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
42 people are interested
Description: Provides support to our transportation driver(s) upon the van’s arrival with unloading the van and ensuring that the right animal, food and preventatives/medicines are given to each foster.
Reports to: Intake and Medical Manager
Workdays : Saturday mornings for about an hour or more, typically starting at about 6:00 or 6:30 a.m.
Location : One of our drop-off locations: Either 442 West 38 th Street in Manhattan or 3155 Amboy Road in Staten Island.
Being friendly and helpful to fosters and the driver(s)
Assigning a volunteer as an assistant to hand out preventatives, food and medication
Directing new fosters to appropriate contacts for any questions
Calling or texting fosters who are late to check on their status or make alternative arrangements after obtaining their contact information via Google Sheets
Handling animals from transport.
- Our animals will often be covered in urine or feces.
- Scared dogs can flee. Use of a slip lead is a must!
Collection or hand-off of the medical envelope as directed by the Intake and Medical Manager
Communicating with staff and volunteers on a timely basis via our Slack group to accomplish the following:
- Arranging with the medical team for preventatives to be delivered to the drop-off location.
- Communicating with the foster team for any foster pick-up issues
- Communicating with the Intake & Medical manager about transport updates/issues, which are typically announced on our private Facebook page for fosters and volunteers.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- An excellent communicator?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high pressure situations?
- Familiar with Google Sheets, Slack, and/or other administrative and data entry systems?
- Have access to a phone, computer, and internet access?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
Multiple locations New York, NY 10018
November 21, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- A few hours per week, including early Saturday mornings for about an hour in either Manhattan or Staten Island.