5 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Phinney's believes in keeping people and their beloved pets together. We do this by extending a helping hand to pet parents in need.
Phinney’s is looking for a volunteer Grant Go-getter to research grants, write materials for grants, help gather numbers for grants with our finance team, and other tasks that may arise as we move through the grant process. This role would report to the Grant Manager.
- Identify and select grants that Phinney’s Friends is eligible for
- Write letters of inquiry and materials for grant proposals
- Complete grant application forms
- Monitor and manage goals for a specific grant
- Identify opportunities to improve the grant outreach program as we move through the process
Qualifications and Expectations
Phinney’s is looking for more than one Grant Go-getter so we don’t expect volunteers to have all the following qualifications. Generally, we are looking for someone who can be sensitive to and tolerant of differing views. A volunteer must be responsive and have concern for the organization’s development. Depending on the role and responsibilities you choose to take on you should have at least one of the following qualifications and be comfortable with the expectations.
- Have an understanding of grant programs for nonprofits
- Have previous grant writing experience
- Be organized and be able to plan accordingly to meet deadlines
- Be able to multitask and keep track of several projects at a time with minimal supervision
- Able to take the initiative in identifying possible funding opportunities
- Have the ability to communicate, listen, analyze, and seek input from others when needed
- Must be able to work well with people individually and in a group
- Be willing to question what is presented, take responsibility, and follow through on given assignments
- Have the ability to open doors in the community and are well connected with the local community
- Have the ability to develop new skills according to the ongoing needs of the organization
PO Box 425, Lincoln, MA 01773, US
Phinney’s believes in keeping people and their beloved pets together. We do this by extending a helping hand to pet parents in need.
Phinney's is a nonprofit that helps low-income people in Massachusetts keep their pets in times of hardships. We are 100% volunteer-based, so we depend on you to get the job done.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 18, 2022
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- ~ 5 hours/week