3 people are interested
Become a Appreciation Steward and leverage the power of a meaningful 'thank you'! (18+)
3 people are interested
Help Second Harvest Heartland leverage the power of a meaningful 'thank you’! Appreciation Stewards are volunteer ambassadors who help Second Harvest Heartland provide our supporters with an excellent donor experience. They reach out to our valued donors and simply thank them for their support via thank-you phone calls. Appreciation Stewards are key contributors who work closely with the direct response team, helping us strengthen our brand by spreading gratitude and goodwill.
- Work virtually with the Development team, using a call list to make weekly calls and simply thanking donors for their contributions(no solicitations required!)
- Act as a representative of Second Harvest Heartland when speaking with donors
- Fill out call lists with notes about the status of a phone call, and indicate when staff needs to follow up with a donor with additional information
- Take feedback from donors as appropriate to help them, responding to questions or concerns with respect and compassion, and provide the appropriate customer service
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and leaving voicemail messages as appropriate
- Friendly and sincere demeanor
- Commitment to high‐quality customer service
- High level of confidence in interpersonal communication
- Ability to work independently and self‐motivate
- A moderate level of comfort using modern technology
- Access to own phone and computer
- A background check is required for this volunteer opportunity
TIME REQUIREMENTS AND SCHEUDLE:
- Total time requirement: Minimum 3-month commitment to call 2-3 hours per week
- The minimum 3-month commitment includes training on how to complete a call list. A script and Second Harvest Heartland FAQs will also be provided to help make calls.
- Time: 2-3 hours during daytime hours
- Location: Virtual volunteer position from home
- To apply: Visit the opportunity on our portal, www.volunteer.2harvest.org and if the opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, click on "Respond" to express your interest and complete the initial steps in the process. After responding, you’ll get an email confirming your interest and a link to our application.
Questions? Reach out to Beth Ashton, email@example.com.
About Second Harvest Heartland
7101 Winnetka Ave No., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428, US
The mission of Second Harvest Heartland is to end hunger through community partnerships. At Second Harvest Heartland, our volunteer partners do more than enrich our work, they ground us to our mission of ending hunger together. We integrate volunteers into all aspects of creating and delivering solutions that will free our neighbors of hunger.
More than a food bank, Second Harvest Heartland is a leading partner in the policies and programs that work to end hunger, like SNAP, school meals and senior nutrition programs, and we’re an innovator in the areas where food can be the solution, like FOODRx and Minnesota Central Kitchen.
Second Harvest Heartland is a member of Feeding America, a national network of more than 200 food banks serving every state in the United States. Membership means access to millions of pounds of surplus food and grocery donations from manufacturers and producers throughout the country.
Working with our network of partners, volunteers and donors as well as people like you, our 90,000+ square feet of dry, refrigerator and freezer space is constantly accepting and distributing donations. Our fleet of trucks travels nearly half a million miles a year, picking up food donations and delivering them to local food shelves, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, senior community centers and children's after school programs. Each year we distributed more than 100 million meals to our partners in hunger-relief. Learn more at 2harvest.org.
Click here to visit our volunteer portal and view all available opportunities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 3, 2021
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours per week, at least 3 month long commitment