16 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Description: Adoption counselors do the fantastically rewarding work of connecting our animals to loving guardians. This position requires a high level of consistency and professionalism, as you are entrusted with the ultimate responsibility - deciding if an adopter is well suited to care for our animals.
- Reports To: Foster and Adoption Manager.
- Location of Work: Remote.
- Schedule: Days/hours vary based on the number of animals in care and the availability of your peers.
- Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 hours per/wk. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role.
1) Adoption Process:
- Review applications, interview prospective adopters and assess their suitability as a match.
- Reach out to screened applicants within 24 hours of receiving the application.
- Gather information about each pet’s personality, activity, needs, and medical clearance.
- Counsel potential adopters on our expectations, an animal’s behavior, and its specific needs.
- Make suggestions for an appropriate match, based on the unique needs of that pet.
If you determine a given applicant is excellent, but not a match for the particular animal they applied for, attempt to transition them into our People Focused Adoption program.
- Verify the applicant’s veterinarian references and the residential pet policy of the applicant
- If necessary, work with the Foster parent and the applicant to schedule a meet & greet.
- Finalize the adoption process via our database system.
- Consistently maintain accurate data in the ShelterLuv adoption database.
- Work closely with the Adoption and Foster Manager, Application Coordinator, and peers.
- Respond to all emails, FB posts, and Slack messages in a timely and professional manner.
- Inform the foster and the applicant of how the adoption finalization process works
- Evaluate the adoption process and make suggestions for improvements.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- Willing to learn about animal behavior and a variety of situations an adopter may encounter?
- An excellent communicator?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high-pressure situations?
- Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments.
- Extremely organized?
- Willing to gain a deep understanding of the adoption process?
o We prefer that you foster and/or adopt with our rescue.
- Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications.
- Familiar with Google Sheets, Slack, and/or other administrative and data entry systems?
- Have access to a phone, computer, and internet access?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- be over 18 years old.
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 14, 2022
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- About five hours per week (please see the above description)