20 people are interested
Social Media Coordinator (Experience Required)
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
Description: The Social Media Coordinator is the key manager of our social media presence. You will engage in incredibly rewarding work by leveraging your skills and talents to recruit new fosters, volunteers, and donors - and ultimately, helping to save the lives of over 3,500 animals every year.
- Reports To: Marketing and Development Manager (MDM).
- Location of Work: Remote.
- Schedule: Days/hours vary based on the number of animals in care and the availability of your peers. ● Time Commitment: Approximately 3-5 hours per/wk. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role
Core Responsibilities include:
1) Social Media Operations
- Working with the MDM, manage and grow social media presence across all active platforms. ● Plan and implement a long-term content and campaign calendar.
- Produce engaging content, supported by high-quality copy, photography, video, and graphics. ● Fairly balance schedule to represent our various markets and initiatives, including promoting: o adoptable pets with the goal of attracting potential adopters to the website. o events, fundraisers, foster/volunteer recruitment, success stories, and more. ● Consistently apply LLAR’s brand guidelines and communicate our Vision and Mission.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Development Manager and M&D peers. ● Respond to social media engagement, emails, and Slack messages relating to Social Media. o engage in exclusively positive dialogue, and promptly escalate concerning activity. ● Communicate with appropriate LLAR volunteer teams as necessary.
- Evaluate our M&D processes and strategies and continuously suggest improvements.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- A problem solver?
- An excellent communicator, able to tell compelling stories, and a keen eye for detail? ● Experienced with social media strategy and management?
o Digital marketing and graphic design skills appreciated as well.
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high-pressure situations?
- Extremely organized, self-directed, and able to effectively manage your time? ● Familiar with Google Suite, Office, Slack, Later, Adobe Suite, and/or CRM systems? ● Comfortable learning new skills, processes, and technologies?
- Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications?
- Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments?
- Have access to a phone, computer, and internet access?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- be over 18 years old.
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 13, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- About 5 hours per week (as noted in the above description)