Board Chair - Human Resources
ORGANIZATION: The CLASS Consulting Group
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance, and IT.
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.
Position Type: Volunteering (All volunteering positions at Class Consulting Group are unpaid).Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
If you are interested in this opportunity or any other opportunities within CLASS, please apply on our website’s Career section using the following link: Careers | The Class Consulting Group. Once we receive your request, our recruitment team would contact you to set up a call with you.
- Lead the Human Resources team and drive Talent Acquisition and Management initiatives.
- Mentor and advise management team on strategies and development of various growth initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with professional associations, HR departments and other groups to attract and retain talent.
- Responsible for creating organizational policies and processes.
- Responsible for driving organizational development initiatives.
- Developing frameworks and training programs for ensuring consistent culture across the organization.
- Responsible for growth and sound governing the organization.
- Ensure Fulfillment of the mission of the organization.
- Strongly believes in and advocates organizational values.
- Set strategic direction and overall policy.
- Oversee and give final approval and evaluate the organization’s progress toward strategic goals and ensure sufficient resources.
- Act as ambassador for the organization.
- Promote the organization’s image and public standing.
- To establish an organizational culture that embraces strategic planning and sets clearly defined goals.
- Help promote diversity.
- Report to the Board President.
- Report to full Board regarding committee decisions and recommendations.
- Work closely with the Team Director and other volunteers.
- Assign work to the committee members, set the agenda, run regular meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Initiate and lead team evaluation and KPI.
Educationand Experience: -
- Master’s degree in Business/HR from a reputed business school.
- 15+ years of experience in the area of expertise with 8+ years of prior leadership background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and taking initiative.
- Desire to play role in CLASS’s growth strategy.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces seen as a leader.
- Fulfill required time commitment.
- Demonstrated interest/passion in the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
- Willing and able to make asks on CLASS’s behalf [ambassadors].
- Visionary future orientation.
- Good communication skills, open minded and articulate.
- Strong team builder and team member.
- Leadership skills.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Attend twice a month team meetings - Virtual [MS Teams]
- Estimated time commitment: 10-15 hours/ month depending needs.
- Minimum commitment requirement is 1 Term [3 years]
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- Group based learning.
- Satisfactory volunteering experience.
About The CLASS Consulting Group
1250 Oakmead Parkway Suite 210,, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, US
CLASS’s mission is to increase the return on social investment by providing business solutions to Nonprofit organizations and leadership development opportunities to Professionals. The mission of CLASS is executed in three synchronous tracks: Encouraging Community Leadership: Fostering community-based leadership among volunteer professionals by helping them transform into business solution providers. Supplementing Managerial Capacity: Augmenting managerial capacity in the Nonprofit sector by providing them with solutions for their business problems, thereby helping them better serve their respective constituencies. Building Partnerships: Forging partnerships with corporate and academic institutions to tap into and utilize their pool of human capital by actively involving them in community development initiatives.
The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO- Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/ philanthropic organizations and offers community leadership opportunities to professionals.
1250 Oakmead Parkway Suite 210Sunnyvale, CA 94085
August 10, 2022