Director/Co-Director - Human Resources (HR)
ORGANIZATION: The CLASS Consulting Group
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance, and IT.
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.
Position Type: Volunteering (All volunteering positions at Class Consulting Group are unpaid).Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
If you are interested in this opportunity or any other opportunities within CLASS, please apply on our website’s Career section using the following link: Careers | The Class Consulting Group. Once we receive your request, our recruitment team would contact you to set up a call with you.
- Assist BCS Board Chair in developing strategic and operation plans by identifying short term and long-term priorities.
- Track KPIs and progress of strategic projects and present management reports to the board.
- Ensure appropriate communications and leverage resources within the team and with other teams.
- Promote volunteer engagement at all events to foster inter-team relations, teamwork, and connectivity.
- Seek repeat business by managing relationship with current and past clients in partnership with CR team.
- Represent CLASS at various nonprofit organizations related events, client meetings or community activities to enhance the organization's community profile.
- Identify, assess, and inform the HR Board Chair of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Provide leadership to the team and encourage leadership-based culture.
- Assign projects to volunteers based on competency and interests of volunteers.
- Preside over the meetings and agenda of the team as well as track projects and ongoing activities.
- Human resources planning and management.
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for all staff.
- Ensure that all volunteers receive an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided.
- Implement a performance management process for all volunteers which includes monitoring the performance of volunteers on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Coach and mentor volunteers as appropriate to improve performance.
Education and Experience
- MBA with 8+ years of prior leadership background.
- 10+ years of experience in HR or Management.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in being detail oriented and laser-focused on supporting internal processes & systems.
- Passionate & committed to serve community.
- Optimistic, reliable, and capable of fostering teamwork without formal hierarchy.
- Excellent in communication and presentation.
- Should honor commitments and CLASS's Code of Ethics.
- Minimum 1+ year of commitment for the unpaid / pro-bono position.
- Attend Weekly Meetings: Virtual [MS Teams]
- Time: Minimum 5 hours per week [excluding meeting time].
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- Group based learning.
- Satisfactory volunteering experience
- Continuous learning
About The CLASS Consulting Group
1250 Oakmead Parkway Suite 210,, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, US
CLASS’s mission is to increase the return on social investment by providing business solutions to Nonprofit organizations and leadership development opportunities to Professionals. The mission of CLASS is executed in three synchronous tracks: Encouraging Community Leadership: Fostering community-based leadership among volunteer professionals by helping them transform into business solution providers. Supplementing Managerial Capacity: Augmenting managerial capacity in the Nonprofit sector by providing them with solutions for their business problems, thereby helping them better serve their respective constituencies. Building Partnerships: Forging partnerships with corporate and academic institutions to tap into and utilize their pool of human capital by actively involving them in community development initiatives.
The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO- Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/ philanthropic organizations and offers community leadership opportunities to professionals.
1250 Oakmead Parkway Suite 210Sunnyvale, CA 94085
August 10, 2022