Disaster Spiritual Care Volunteers Needed for Central PA
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster Spiritual Care Team Members provide spiritual resources, values and faith in the midst of crisis by meeting the disaster related spiritual needs of clients and providing support to other volunteers.
- Assist disaster clients to utilize their own spiritual resources, values and faith in the midst of crisis, regardless of one's faith tradition.
- Participate in local responses, such as providing support to a family who has experienced a house fire.
- Be involved in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
- Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local faith-based organizations.
- Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing spiritual and emotional support, and connection to local resources.
- Be available for staff who request spiritual care support.
- Support other disaster responders before, during and after disaster response using staff mental health strategies.
- A disaster spiritual care provider from a National VOAD member organization; OR
- A professional or Board-certified chaplain; OR
- An endorsed leader in a local faith community
To get started, please complete an application by visiting:
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Harrisburg, PA 17120
September 8, 2022
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask