We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region has 160 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Local Dauphin County Disaster Volunteers Needed
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team (DAT) program including:
- Supporting the annual goals, Regional Disaster Officer (RDO) objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.)
To get started as a volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=43393&h=193&p=1899125
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Harrisburg, PA 17120
October 3, 2022
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies- Once you complete training you're able to provide your availability
- volunteers must be vaccinated or wear a mask