City of Glendale Technical Services
City of Glendale Library
The duties listed below are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of volunteer services that may be performed. Volunteers will not receive compensation for the services performed. Volunteer position descriptions are subject to change by the department as the needs of the department and requirements of the volunteer position change.
Volunteer Position Description:
Assists in processing gift books, new books from vendors and special projects.
Duties may involve activities such as:
- Labeling: taping labels on new books, attaching the correct genre label for various library collections
- Complete processing of gift materials for various collections
- Special processing projects as requested by Public Services staff
- Taping the gutters of paperback books
- Attaching and programing RFID tags
- Jacketing a book
- Calibre of paperback graphic novels
Helpful Skills for the Volunteer Role:
- Willingness to be trained on new equipment
- Possess finger dexterity to perform all processing procedures
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Physical ability to bend, stand, lift, and push heavy book carts
- Require standing for extended periods
- Interaction with the general public is a regular occurrence
More information & To Apply: glendaleazlibrary.com
About City of Glendale Library
5959 W Brown St, Glendale, AZ 85302, US
Our mission is to empower our community by providing free and equitable access to information, technology, cultural, educational and life-enhancing materials and services.
The City of Glendale has four library branches: Foothills, Heroes, Main and Velma Teague.