City of Glendale Library Shelving & Shelf Reader
City of Glendale Library
The duties listed below are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of volunteer services that may be performed. Volunteers will not receive compensation for the services performed. Volunteer position descriptions are subject to change by the department as the needs of the department and requirements of the volunteer position change.
Volunteer Position Description:
Shelf Reader Volunteers ensure books are in correct order on the shelves and reshelf if needed. They also help maintain the appearance and cleanliness of shelves.
Duties may involve activities such as:
- Organize materials in alphabetical and numerical order
- Order books on the shelves using the Dewey Decimal System
- Clean and maintain the appearance of bookshelves
- Shelve books
Helpful Skills for the Volunteer Role:
- Familiarity with the Dewey Decimal System is preferred, but not required
- Ability to professionally interact with patrons
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Physical ability to bend, stand, lift, and push heavy book carts
- Require standing for extended periods
- Interaction with the general public is a regular occurrence
More information & To Apply: glendaleazlibrary.com
About City of Glendale Library
5959 W Brown St, Glendale, AZ 85302, US
Our mission is to empower our community by providing free and equitable access to information, technology, cultural, educational and life-enhancing materials and services.
The City of Glendale has four library branches: Foothills, Heroes, Main and Velma Teague.